There Is More To Tooth-Colored Fillings
Do you have dental fillings? Most people have at least one. Are yours metal or tooth-colored fillings? You may think a filling is a filling. They all do the same thing. But that’s not so. There is more to dental fillings than meets the eye, especially tooth-colored fillings. Take our quiz below to find out how much you know about dental fillings.
True Or False?
- True or False: White fillings were invented because they are mercury free.
- True or False: Tooth-colored, or white, fillings are made of dental composite.
- True or False: Composite fillings are safer for your teeth because they do not expand and contract.
- True or False: Composite fillings strengthen your teeth.
- True: White fillings were invented for two reasons: because of the controversy surrounding the mercury in silver amalgam fillings; and because silver fillings are so noticeable, and white fillings blend in with your teeth. Therefore, they are commonly used for anterior (front) teeth.
- True: White fillings are made of a naturally white material called composite resin. Dental composite is a combination of plastic and glass and is used for dental fillings as well as for other dental issues such as whitening, chipped teeth, and more.
- True: Metal fillings can cause cracks or fractures in your tooth because they react to the heat and cold by expanding and contracting. Composite resin fillings do not react to changes in temperature.
- True: Dental composite is bonded to the walls of your tooth and when hardened it not only restores your tooth, but strengthens it as well.
CALL JUST WRIGHT DENTAL IN CORSICANA, TX, TODAY!
At Just Wright Dental, our priority is ensuring that every visit is a comfortable and friendly experience, and that all of our patients understand every stage of their diagnosis, planning, and treatment. To find out what a difference our patient-centered approach can make, schedule your consultation with Dr. Justin Wright and our team by calling our dental office in Corsicana, TX, today at (903) 225-2221. We also proudly welcome patients from Navarro County, TX, and the surrounding communities, including Corsicana, Mildred, Eureka, Ennis, Fairfield, Teague, Blooming Grove, Dawson, Hubbard, Hillsboro, Mexia, Groesbeck, Kerens, Malakoff, Rice, Centerville, Buffalo, and Athens.